Application Closing Date:
About Pure Life Carbon
Pure Life Carbon was formed with the mission to create clean technologies that protect and heal the environment while enhancing food production and yields. We have done so by developing a line of environmentally beneficial products for use in horticulture, open field agriculture, turf management, landscaping, and livestock feed. We focus on providing renewable and sustainable solutions that meet the world’s growing need for agricultural advancements and productivity. Pure Life Carbon is among a high-performing group of global innovators and visionaries working to feed the world of tomorrow.
We have an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Specialist. The successful candidate can be based remotely in Alberta, but must be able to travel to client sites, to the PLC facility in Red Deer, and work from home as required. Pure Life Carbon offers an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package.
In this entry-level, full-time, permanent position, you will assist other Facility Personnel and Team Leads with a variety of tasks, while learning the basics of the facility’s manufacturing processes and the general operation of Pure Life Carbon’s equipment, including how to operate various hand tools. The Manufacturing Specialist is expected to be adaptable, eager to learn, and have basic mechanical aptitude.
• Receive, understand, and execute instructions from Team Leads and Senior Employees
• Perform routine housekeeping duties in the facility
• Assist in production of PLC’s core products and packaging requirements
• Clean equipment and tools using high-power pressure washer
• Disassemble equipment, if needed, to thoroughly clean
• Aid in assembly of new equipment and commissioning
• Identify faulty/damaged equipment and/or defective materials and inform supervisor of problem
• Determine the correct type of tools/equipment to be used for a specific task
• Utilize checklists, inspections, work procedures and safety guidelines to complete tasks
• Complete assigned tasks in a safe, efficient, and timely manner
• Complete all required paperwork on a daily basis including hazard assessments and equipment maintenance reports as required
• Cooperate with Training Department for scheduling of new/re-certification training
• Observe all safety procedures and use proper Personal Protective Equipment
• Ensure that all Pure Life Carbon’s work procedures, policies and Occupational Health and Safety regulations are followed
• Represent Pure Life Carbon in a light that is commensurate with the values of Management and the Corporate Vision and Mission Statements
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with clean 5-year Driver Abstract
• High school diploma or GED
• Fluent in the English language (reading, written, spoken)
• Experience working with basic hand tools
• Ability to deal with the public in a positive, courteous, and respectful manner
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent demanding deadlines
• Ability to handle changing schedules and priorities
• Strong work ethic and organizational planning skills, with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Effective verbal and listening communication skills
• Experience in the operation of a forklift, scissor lift, and general usage of hydraulic equipment
• Prior experience towing a trailer
• Regularly required to stand/sit, talk/hear, stoop, climb, lift, balance, kneel and use of hands/fingers to operate tools, machinery, and materials
• Moderate to heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) may be required
• Use of mechanical aids including overhead crane, forklift, pallet jack, and dolly may be required
• Regular exposure to loud noises and metal particulates – hearing and respiratory protection is provided when needed
• Potential exposure to acetylene gas, fumes, oil, and paint residue
• Exposure to sharp edges, pinch points, trip and slip hazards, and blind spots
• May be required to work in high, precarious places that are near moving parts and/or electrical works and in confined spaces
• Field area (50%); shop area (50%)
• Work schedule may vary and is dictated as manufacturing deadlines require
• Required to work outside during various weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat
Hours of Work
Full time 40-hour work week.
Pure Life Carbon provides market-competitive compensation, including a comprehensive employee benefit plan, and professional development support.
Please submit your resume with a covering letter and copies of applicable tickets. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The initial review of applications will begin immediately.
Pure Life Carbon is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We sincerely appreciate your interest in this opportunity and thank you for responding. Pure Life Carbon will only contact those candidates being considered for an interview. By submitting your resume, you agree to Pure Life Carbon sharing your information with representatives of the organization responsible for the hiring process. Pure Life Carbon will keep your resume on file and protect your personal information in accordance with governing privacy legislation.
Ryan is an experienced business and operations leader with a military background, and competitive spirit. Deeply dedicated to freedom, diversity, helping those who are less fortunate, and supporting the international community to create a brighter world future. Driven by passion for the environment and leading people to build companies that play a significant role in positively affecting the earth and all its inhabitants.
He is a skilled entrepreneur with global energy, clean tech, and ag tech experience, having launched and grown leading edge businesses from concept through late growth stages. Ryan is a curious visionary, unconventional problem solver and decisive strategist. He has demonstrated capacity to create successful ventures domestically and on the world stage. Tenacious and capable of successfully navigating through business and people challenges to produce results for investors and other stakeholders.