Our Absolute Carbon products increase yield, reduce cultivation risk, and ensure crop consistency. They act like a battery, storing water, nutrients, air, and probiotics that power plant growth.
Pure Life’s carbon-based growing media and filtration solutions are formulated from our unique form of biochar.
Biochar is a form of charcoal that’s created when organic materials are heated in the absence of oxygen to temperatures of 500-600°C (a process known as pyrolysis). Biochar contains high levels of organic carbon and enriches soils by storing and slowly releasing the water and nutrients that help plants grow. It also acts like a sponge, removing contaminants that can prevent strong and healthy plant growth. Biochar is dramatically more efficient and environmentally responsible than existing technologies, improving modern farming outputs while protecting the earth.
Absolute Carbon’s uniquely high-carbon content offers a built-in algicide and filters out contaminants—including bacteria, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. Absolute Carbon is extremely hard, won't break down, and improves with use and age.
- Eco-friendly: organic, reusable, sustainable and non-toxic
- Horticulture grade: encourages more nutritious produce and higher yield
- Produces more attractive foliage and brighter blossoms
- Reduces risk of disease and pests
- Retains nutrients and water, aerates soil
- Longevity: lasts >25 years without breaking down
- >85% fixed organic carbon
- Superior carbon sequestration
- Eliminates algae and fungus gnats
- Detoxifies contaminated soil
- Absorbs and degrades (detoxifies) pesticides & pollutants
- Negatively charged: pulls in significant amounts of nutrients, water, etc. (Cation Exchange Capacity)
- Pore structure encourages beneficial microbe colonization
- Reduces nutrient runoff to lakes, rivers, streams
- Increases soil pH
- Improves soil structure
- Higher ability to capture & imprison volatile organic compounds (VOC) than other materials
- Eliminates tip burn caused by fluoride
- Easy to use and handle
- Pet safe
- Absorbs/binds up pet urine/urea
- Replaces potting soil in terrariums
Available in 1 to 7 mm
Charged Carbon growing media is enhanced with phosphorus, which helps regulate protein synthesis and encourages cell division and new tissue development. Charged Carbon brings you all the features of Absolute Carbon, plus:
- Superior cleaned product: arrives sterile and free of most residue
- Ready for use within hours, not days or weeks
- pH adjusted for immediate growing applications
- Can be used as a soilless growing matrix
Available in 1 to 7 mm